Saturday, May 22, 2010

Driving Home Via France and Switzerland

I have been so busy with WORK that I have had no time to write in this blog the last week. But actually last weekend I took a couple of evenings off WORK and had a very nice time with some friends. It feels like about a century ago!
On Friday we had another festival on our market square (so right outside my front door) and friends came, so we saw a live band and walked around admiring the town's decorations - the river was lit up with colored lights and blazes. It was raining a bit, so unfortunately there weren't so many people as usual, but that was quite good in a way as there was space to breathe, which usually there isn't!
The next evening same friends invited me to their house for a movie evening, and afterwards we played a few rounds of darts and table football. It was all very nice and relaxing.
The problem arose when I came to drive home. It was nearly midnight and I suddenly realized that I haven't driven in the dark through the countryside for absolutely ages! And I am night-blind.
Only about 5 minutes into the long drive through country roads I had already taken the wrong turning and it was several kilometers before I could turn round. I took at least two more wrong turnings before I finally got to the city, and then I went the wrong way again and when I tried to turn right where I needed to, I was confronted with a large set of roadworks!
Goodness only knows what route I'd gone through before I finally got home. I might easily have gone through a corner of France if not Switzerland!

No comments: