Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Queen Scenes (Number Seven)

Queen: “I say Philip, this is simply too ghastly for words.“

Philip: “I’ll say it is! I distinctly remember asking for poached salmon today and so far I’ve been eating asparagus. And the Hollandaise sauce appears to be Béarnaise!”

Queen: “One’s not referring to luncheon, Philip. Harry says he’s been defriended on Facebook.”

Philip: “Absolute poppycock! Are you sure it isn’t someone who wanted to poke him instead and pressed the wrong button?”

Queen: “Apparently one of his followers defriended him without so much as a selective tweet. Appalling behavior!”

Philip: “Well what do you expect me to say, OMG?”

Queen: “OMG has now been incorporated into the new OED, from what one reads.”

Philip: “Hardly distinguishable from it in fact, what with being 3 letters and starting with an O. And I suppose you’re tracking William’s relationship status and are worried that it’s complicated?”

Queen: “Don’t be ridiculous Philip. William doesn’t maintain his relationship status on Facebook. But while one is on the subject, it might not be a bad idea if you maintained yours!”

No comments: