Saturday, March 13, 2010

The bank is taking us over!

The bank has had a party today. I think it must have started about 8 am, anyway it finished at 2 pm. A party service delivered about a million bottles of beer and about three thousand muffins. When I went downstairs to get some takeaway lunch about 11:30 the entrance to the building was like the Albert Hall with standing room only. Many people were standing around, others were loading the tons of food and drink through our front door to the back entrance of the bank. It was difficult to actually leave the building. The party service nearly knocked me over!

I asked if this was going to take all day, and was told it would be over by 2 pm.
So I walked round to the market place and saw the actual entrance to the bank, where there was a big poster advertising all the stuff they were offering today - kid's painting, free alcohol and the like. What does that have to do with being a bank?
I ventured into the bank where it seemed like several hundred people were clammering for free beer and prezels. It was like Piccadilly Circus! I got out quickly and when I returned with my takeaway lunch the party service asked me if I would like some muffins as compensation. Before I could speak they planted a chocolate and vanilla muffin on top of my takeaway lunch. They tried to plant some prezels too but I escaped upstairs before that was possible.
There must have been hundreds of people down there!

No comments: