Monday, October 25, 2010

Move Over Meryl

I have just got back from my theater class. I know! As if I wasn't busy enough!

I put down to join the theater class in September, but it was full and I got a mail saying I was on the waiting list. Last Friday a lady called and said that there was now a place free and I could join if I was still interested. So this evening was the first class.

It was fantastic! In fact, it was so good that I am now wondering what I am doing wasting my time running this little company of mine. I should be on the stage for heavens' sakes!

I think I have reverted to my childhood. Seems like now that I have got to the age that I am, I am starting all over again. Well, not from the very beginning, of course, I mean I am toilet-trained! But I used to have acting lessons and do exams and certificates and all that stuff and was always appearing on the stage somewhere until I was 14. (Later, I started again and spent many years dancing, but the acting had disappeared). Also, I had piano lessons till I was 18. And of course did lots in the writing department.

So a couple of months ago, I decided that now that my children are all grown up, I can go back to doing all the stuff that I really enjoyed doing before I had children (which seems like an entire lifetime ago - well it is, it's their entire lifetime ago!). This means that I am now doing one creative writing class, one theater class and one piano lesson every week (I don't think I mentioned the piano lessons yet).

It's all go in Casa Cupcake!

And there's homework too. This week for creative writing we have to write, among other things, a Haiku. Here is mine (it's in German of course):

Der Sonnenaufgang
An diesem trüben Herbsttag
Lässt mein Herz lächeln

It's not possible to translate that literally into English, so I've had to change it a bit in the English version:

Vermillion sunrise
On this gloomy autumn day
Makes my sad heart smile

Ha! Not bad eh.

No comments: