Saturday, May 4, 2013

There Will Be Sad Memories

There will be sad memories
To replace these sad memories
They will be new and fresh
They will burn brighter and
Singe those others like charred paper or
Turn them into shadows flickering behind a candle
And the old sad memories
Will be almost forgotten till
A word or smell or color or place reminds me
And the pain will be sudden and very sharp
And I will cry instantly and
Spontaneously but very briefly.


There will be sad days
To replace these sad days
I will be older and less adaptable
I will remember times
When I was younger and
Life was easier and all before me
And the old sad days
Will be almost forgotten till
A voice or touch or sound or view reminds me
And the pain will be fast and deep
And I will cry instantly for what was lost
Spontaneously but very briefly.


No comments: