Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Don’t Relax, Don’t Do It

That Frankie Goes to Hollywood song (you will know the one I’m referring to) came on the radio as I was driving home this evening, and this time I turned the radio off.

This was because a) I’m a prude and b) I think the lyrics are utter nonsense. Either there’s something I don’t know about the male orgasm (and I would be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about the male orgasm) or this song is an excuse to sing about a lot of naughty things regardless of whether the lyrics make sense or not.

Anyway, I’m not getting it. No pun intended (ladies, please!).

From what I’ve always understood (getting my information only from books, magazines, TV and the like, of course) the reason many people can’t achieve orgasm is precisely because they DON’T relax. If you do relax, you will apparently shoot straight to orgasm. And from what I’m hearing in this song, that’s precisely what Frankie is trying to prevent you from doing.

Although why he should be such a party pooper is beyond me. Again, it must be something about the male orgasm that I’m missing.

Surely it would make more sense to sing, Don't Relax, Don't Do It, or Relax, Do It or even, Stop! Don't Do It or Retreat! Don't Do It, although the last one might defeat the whole object of the -ahem- exercise.

No comments: