Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dynamic Times

It is incredible! Germany has beaten Argentina 4-0 and is now in the semi-final!!!

Once again I met with the same group of friends as last week in the same pub - this time there were many more German supporters.

Germany scored the first goal in the first 4 minutes! and the rest of the first-half was a real nail-biting situation! We were all convinced that Argentina was still going to win.

In fact, I'm sure that my blood pressure was off the scale. Even though I was really happy that Germany had got so far, and I'd said I wasn't bothered if they didn't get into the semi-final, once the game was on and we were all so excited, I just didn't want Germany to lose now - I want this wonderful feeling that we're experiencing here to continue.

However, about 20 minutes into the second-half Germany shot another 2 goals in quick succession and it was clear that Argentina had no more chance. Angela Merkel was there and she was jumping up at every goal (she's a big fan). Our group - in fact the whole pub by the end - was clapping and cheering every good move.

And then Germany went and shot a 4th goal. It was incredible!!! Everybody was hugging each other and cheering.

And of course in our little town the atmosphere is once again electric. Just like after the game that put Germany into the Last 16. But it seems there's no stopping them now. They really are a great team. And they really deserve to win.

No comments: